How to clean cloth pads
Your reusable JuJu Cloth Pads require washing after each use, and may require stain removal treatment from time to time. Here are some tips for caring for your cloth pads so that they last you many years.
Before your period
- When you receive your pads, pre-wash by hand or machine before using for the first time. Allow to dry completely before use.
During your period
- Pre-rinse your used pad in cold water until the water runs clear or leave it to soak overnight
- Hand wash your pad with gentle detergent in warm water OR add to your next machine wash on a gentle, warm wash cycle
- Hang your pad on the line to dry, in the sun if possible.
After your period
- Your pads may develop staining over time. This is normal due to the absorbent nature of the cotton fibres and should not be cause for concern. You can remove heavy or stubborn stains by making a paste of bicarb soda and water and rubbing it onto the stain, and rinsing thoroughly afterwards.
- You can also treat your pads every couple of months or more frequently if you suffer from yeast infections. To do this, you can wash your pad with water and a small amount of white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil. Thoroughly rinse your pad after treatment and line dry, in the sun if possible.
Storing your cloth pads
- Once your pads are completely dry, you should fold them and store them in a clean, dry place.
- To keep your cloth pad collection neat, tidy and protected, we recommend storing in one of our wet bags.