These heat packs are the perfect size for placing on your belly or lower back to relieve period cramps and PMS. Hot or cold packs also provide natural, fast, effective, relief from other aches, pains and sprains.
JuJu Hot or Cold Pack covers are made from natural, 100% cotton. Cotton remains cool if being used as a cold pack and doesn't sweat like corduroy when heated. The cover has a nylon zipper, which is safe to use in the microwave and allows for the filling to be removed so the cover can be washed. This also helps to extend the life of your heat pack by allowing you to replace the filling as required.
Packs can be purchased without filling (cover only) to be filled with a grain or legume or your choice, or alternatively, can be purchased pre-filled with Lupin. Lupin is the filling of choice for JuJu Heat Packs as it is a locally sourced, drought-tolerant legume that also has the benefit of being;
- superior at retaining heat when compared with other fillings such as wheat
- denser and doesn't “ sweat" like many other grains such as rice when heated
- lighter than wheat
The lupin used in JuJu Heats Packs is sourced from pristine Australian farms where it is sustainably grown (GMO-free, chemical-free and HACCP-certified), then sized and thoroughly cleaned.
FOR CRAMPS, ACHES & TENSION
Use as a heat pack to increase blood flow and provide soothing relief from cramps, aching or stiff muscle and joints or to provide relief from tension and stress.
Place your heat pack on a clean plate and heat in the microwave. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes then for 30-second increments thereafter until at a temperature you tolerate well.
- Heating times vary depending on the wattage of the microwave
- Always test heat before applying a heat pack to others and be mindful that individuals may experience different sensitivity to heat; particularly the young and elderly
- Do leave heat pack unattended whilst heating
- Do not overheat; overheating will not ensure heat lasts longer and may cause a fire, burn the skin or cause nerve sensitivity
- Do not use as a bed warmer
- Do not reheat or store until completely cool
FOR SPRAINS, STRAINS, BRUISING & HEADACHES
Use as a cold pack to decrease blood flow and reduce inflammation and swelling of the affected area.
Store in the freezer and use as part of the RICER technique (rest, ice, compression, elevation & referral).
FOR A DIY AROMATHERAPY HEAT PACK
Essential oils can be easily added to unscented heat packs to create a scented aromatherapy pack. Try eucalyptus to relieve muscle and joint pain, relaxing lavender to soothe stress, headaches and insomnia or uplifting sweet orange as an immune and mood booster.
To create an aromatherapy heat pack;
- heat your pack in the microwave as per the instructions below
- unzip the heat pack and create a well in the centre of the filling
- add a few drops of your favourite essential oils
- zip up your heat pack and apply
Repeat when the fragrance has worn off. If using essential oils in your heat pack, you may need to replace the filling more frequently to prevent the oils becoming rancid over time.
Spot clean cover with a damp cloth or remove filling and hand wash cover in mild detergent and warm water. Allow cover to completely dry before refilling and heating. Replace filling if the filling is discoloured, charred or smells.
Lupin contains allergens that may trigger allergic reactions in some people with nut or peanut allergies. Unfilled heat pack covers can be purchased and filled your choice of filling such as wheat, barley, rice or cherry pits.
For orders outside of Australia, it is recommended unfilled covers are purchased and filled with your choice of filling due to the weight of heat packs and potential customs restrictions with the import of legumes/grains. JuJu Heat Packs can be filled with your choice of filling.