Benefits of a menstrual cup
JuJu Menstrual Cup is a gentle and reliable way to keep your body clean and comfortable. A menstrual cup is folded and inserted like a tampon but collects rather than absorbs menstrual flow. JuJu cups are healthier for your purse, your planet and you.
JuJu has many benefits;
The JuJu menstrual cup provides you with greater freedom to do what you want;
- can be worn overnight
- can be worn 2-3 times longer than a pad or tampon, or up to 8 hours
- can be worn by most people with a retroverted uterus and heavy menstrual flow
- has no strings, no wings and no leaks, making it perfect for people with an active lifestyle who enjoy sports such as running, swimming and yoga
- is great for people who travel as it is easy to pack and you don’t have to worry about buying or disposing of products
- doesn't cause vaginal dryness
JuJu menstrual cups have a number of health benefits compared to disposable forms of sanitary products;
- doesn't contain any harmful substances such as chlorine, fragrances or BPA
- is hypoallergenic and suitable for people with sensitive skin, dermatitis and latex allergies
- does not contain any absorption agents so it doesn't cause vaginal dryness
- is easy to clean and disinfect
If a person menstruates from the age of 13 until the age of 50, they will have 400 cycles over a period of 37 years and will throwaway approximately 10,500 tampons or pads in their lifetime! These disposables end up in our landfills and often pollute our waterways.
JuJu Cup reduces your personal waste allowing you to have a zero-waste period an is;
- reusable and eco-friendly
- reduces landfill waste and pollution by preventing the disposal of 300 tampons or pads a year
- packed in recyclable paper and completely plastic-free
- vegan and cruelty-free
Menstrual cups are economical as a single cup will last many years. The JuJu Cup will save you spending thousands of dollars on disposables.
Whilst the initial investment in a menstrual cup is higher than that of disposable tampons or pads the numbers add up; if during your period, you use five disposable products a day for five days, this equates to 300 disposable pads or tampons a year and average of $90AUD a year and $3,300AUD in a lifetime.
JuJu Cup is packaged in recyclable, plastic-free cardboard and plant-based inks are used for printing.